Fall is officially here, and like any girl I am overwhelmed with excitement for all things related to the changing colors of the leaves! I don’t know if fall is my favorite time of year, or if I am just eager to move beyond a hard summer, but the new season has brought me renewed energy and motivation to pursue the things I love and to seek joy in my day to day life.
One of those things I love is taking tried and true recipes and doing something new with different ingredient and flavor combinations. I’ve been thinking about adding rosemary to my granola for quite some time now, but it took the official start of fall for me to try it out and now I WISH I hadn’t waited so long.
This rosemary, honey and sea salt granola is officially my new obsession. It is a perfect balance of sweet, salty and savory and is perfect on a cold fall morning. I’ve also been using it as a topping for my favorite fall flavored ice creams!
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Measure out and stir together the oats and nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure and pour your honey and coconut oil over your oats and nuts.
- Add the salt and fresh rosemary to the mixture.
- Using a flexible spatula, mix all ingredients together until the oats and nuts are evenly coated.
- Taste your granola and add more salt or rosemary as you see fit.
- Spread the granola out on your prepared baking sheet and pop into the center of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes or so for even baking.