Are you tired of pumpkin yet? I hope not, because today I have a delicious Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake for you to try with delicious Brown Butter Frosting! In the fall I feel that pumpkin flavored sweets can really be a hit or miss. Many are WAY too sweet and others hardly taste of pumpkin spice. And some taste a little squashy for my personal preference. But this sheet cake is none of those things. Perfectly moist and full of spicy fall flavor, this cake is my go to for fall parties. Plus, the brown butter frosting adds a warm depth of flavor and just the right amount of sweetness!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup stir together buttermilk and canned pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- On low speed beat in flour mixture in three parts, alternating with two parts buttermilk mixture. Don't over mix and beat until just combined. Pour batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before removing.
- In a small saucepan heat 1 stick of butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter has turned a light golden brown and smells nutty. Golden flecks will appear in the butter at this point. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat browned butter, powdered sugar, 2 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp vanilla on low to combine. Once combined beat on high speed until smooth, whipped and easy to spread, adding additional milk as necessary.
- Once cake has completely cooled, remove from pan and frost with Browned Butter Frosting. If desired top with sprinkles or candied pecans. Serve and enjoy!