Brownies are a staple in the world of baking and the epitome of a chocolate treat. But brownies, although simple in definition, come in so many different forms and finding the brownie that pleases you the most is an important life quest! Do you like dense and chewy, fudgy brownies? Or perhaps lighter and fluffier, cake brownies? Milk chocolate? Dark chocolate? Blondies? Well, regardless of your personal preference, I’m here to tell you that my favorite brownie recipe is from Smitten Kitchen, and is simply my go to brownie recipe.
When I was searching for the perfect recipe I had a few qualifications: real butter, not too sweet, chocolatey and not too cakey or fudgy, just somewhere perfectly in-between. When I made this recipe by Smitten Kitchen I knew I had stumbled across the one! It had everything I was looking for and as icing on the cake, it is supremely easy to make! Regardless of if you have a go to brownie recipe up your sleeve, or if you’ve never tried baking them in your life, give this one a spin and enjoy the delicious, chocolate results!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8×8″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add butter and chocolate and heat in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between each burst, until melted and combined smoothly.
- Whisk in sugar. Then whisk in eggs. Finally whisk in vanilla extract and salt.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour until just mixed. Scrape batter into your prepared baking pan and distribute evenly with your spatula or spoon.
- Place onto the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If you are baking the brownies in a larger pan, start checking them sooner because they will cook quicker.
- Let your brownies cool in the pan and then cut into squares and enjoy!